“A respect for evidence compels… that most portfolio decision makers should go out of business – take up plumbing, teach Greek…”
Paul A Samuelson, Nobel Laureate
Evidence Based Investment Solutions (EBIS)
Whilst the UK investment industry generates vast wealth for itself, study after study suggests that the returns enjoyed by the average investor are often disappointing and well below the market average.
EBIS is a group of independent investment professionals who believe many investors are poorly served by expensive fund managers and in-experienced advisers.
Our mission is to put the case for a smarter way of investing. By making decisions based on academic evidence, rather than myth, we want to show people how they can enjoy the higher returns they deserve.
We believe that the evidence so far shows that these are the most important investment principles to follow if you want a successful investment experience:
- Academic research adds value.
- Risk and return are related.
- Global diversification reduces risk and enhances returns.
- Lower expenses increase investment returns.
- The management of tax liabilities is just as important as expenses to overall investment returns.
- Active management adds speculative risk and does not add value. What is known as “passive management” or “index investing” is the superior approach for investors.
- An effective investment strategy should be integrated with an overall financial plan.
For more information, please contact one of our member firms direct – Member Firms.
Please note that EBIS itself does not provide investment advice.